Castor oil is obtained from the fruits of the castor plant, through its pressing and refinement. It is a perennial plant that belongs to the euphorbiaceous family and is native to Central Africa, although it is currently cultivated in many regions with warm climates. This liquid was traditionally used as a medicinal remedy for the treatment of various ailments and conditions.
However, this oil, for its various properties, is also used aesthetically, especially for hair care and growth. We detail how to grow hair with castor oil step by step and also explain your different hair benefits.
- Before beginning this step by step, it is important that you know the benefits of castor oil for hair :
- It is rich in ricinoleic acid, a type of omega-9 acid that contains potent antibacterial and fungicidal properties that combat excess sebum and dandruff in capillary fibers.
- Thanks to these fatty acids, it also has moisturizing properties that moisturize and improve the volume of our hair. In addition, these properties reduce the possible dryness of the hair.
- It has regenerative properties that prevent hair loss and promote its growth. It also strengthens hair and increases its thickness.
- It also has properties that improve blood circulation, which stimulates the scalp.
- Castor oil is very nutritious so it improves the appearance of the hair, restores it and prevents the tips open.
- Finally, its application will also give us more shine and smoothness to our mane.
To prepare the castor oil, we will need the following utensils:
- 3 tablespoons castor oil
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 drops of mint essential oil
- 1 glass jar
The first step is to pour 3 tablespoons of castor oil in a bowl or bowl and mix it with 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil and another of lard or coconut oil. Castor oil is very thick and, therefore, we use the other two liquids so that it dissolves more easily. In addition, both jojoba and coconut has properties that stimulate hair growth and also hydrate our scalp in depth.
The next step is to add to the whole mixture about 2 or 3 drops of mint essential oil. We use it simply to give it a more pleasant odor to the remedy since the ricino usually has a bad smell. If you do not like mint you can add other aromatic oils such as rosemary oil, tea tree, etc.
Pour the whole mixture into a glass jar with a strainer lid, using a strainer. When it is tightly closed, shake it for a few minutes so that everything is well mixed.
Now, you must fill the bowl with very hot water and put the jar closed inside it. In this way, the oil will finish being diluted and its application will be simpler. Make sure that the water is no longer the same height as the jar because if you get the water, the mixture will no longer be useful. Let the oil warm for 2 or 4 minutes.
When the oil has warmed up, pour it into a bowl of dye to make the application easier. Instead of the bowl, you can also use a dropper bottle.
It is time to use castor oil to grow hair. For your application, you only have to moisturize the scalp, which, you can get it with the help of a spray filled with warm water.
When you have a wet scalp, you should take the mixture with your fingers and massage this area of hair with castor oil 3 or 5 minutes. In order for the message to effectively stimulate the scalp, you should make gentle movements in the form of circles.
Now you have to apply oil all over your hair. To do this, dip your hands a little in the mixture and then put your fingers in the hair as if you were combing.
When you have finished applying the remedy to grow your hair, cover it with a shower cap and then wrap everything with a wet towel in very hot water. Now you must wait for 30 minutes to 3 hours or even sleep with the turban on. Once the time has passed, remove all the oil well and wash your hair in the usual way.
For this remedy to be effective, you must use it 1 and 2 times a week.