Candida albicans is a unicellular yeast-like fungus that is usually found in the vagina and other parts of our body.It is kept under control by the beneficial bacteria, the immune system and the acid pH of lavagin.However, when there is some imbalance can multiply disproportionately causing vaginal infections ( candidiasis )
This imbalance may be due to consumption of certain drugs (mainly antibiotics), dip baths with alkaline soaps, dietary deficiencies, chemotherapy, feminine hygiene sprays, oral contraceptives or pregnancy, may allow yeast organisms to thrive in the alkaline environment.
The most common symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are:
- Stinging or itching
- Pain and swelling
- Bad vaginal odour
- Abnormal discharge or discharge
Symptoms can get worse if the person stays wet for a long time, lives in a humid place or after eating sugary or yeast foods.
Below are a number of remedies for vaginal infections
1 : Make a half-cup preparation of yoghurt to which you add half a spoonful of cinnamon powder. It is applied for five consecutive nights by insertion with a medicinal applicator of two teaspoons of this mixture.
2 : Make a vaginal shower every morning with a solution of water with vinegar or alternating with a dilute yoghurt shower.
3 : Blend a small clove of garlic with water and strain before using. Two garlic cloves cut into pieces can be taken orally.
4: Fill the tub up to the hip and with warm water, add half a cup of salt in the water.
5: Consume 2 ounces of aloe vera or aloe vera juice daily which helps fight internally the Candida fungus
6: Boil, for 10 minutes, a bunch of lavender flowers, previously washed, in 1 litre of water, allow to cool and strain. Apply in daily vaginal baths to eliminate infection
7: Pour 1 tablespoon of barberry into a cup of boiling water. Cover and let cool. Drink 1 cup away from meals. This antibiotic and fungicidal action remedy frees the candida.
8: Macerate 150 ml of almond oil, 1 tablespoon of marigold petals and another of chamomile. Let stand for 20 days. Strain and add 10 drops of tea tree essential oil. Apply, in the area, with oil.an gauze.
9: Boil 1 litre of water for 5 minutes and add 4 tablespoons of a mixture of herbs to equal parts of horsetail, thyme, bearberry and chamomile. Let stand for 15 minutes. Make baths with this infusion twice a day.
10: Dissolve 3 tablespoons of bicarbonate in a pint of water. Apply this mixture in area 1 to 2 times a day for 15 days. Then use this remedy 1 or 2 times a week, until symptoms disappear
11: Make a seated bath with a bunch of yarrow and burdock in 5 litres of warm water. Stay in the bathroom for 10 minutes.
12: Boil 5 litres of water and add 1 bunch of sage, one thyme and one lavender (if possible, fresh plants). Allow to cool and reheat the liquid after filtering. Make a sitz bath with this preparation.
13: Boil, for 5 minutes, 5 bay leaves. In 1 cup of water. Remove from heat and set aside. Wet a clean tampon with this infusion. Apply in the affected area. Use this remedy for 1 week especially at night when you fall asleep
14: Boil 4 to 8 g of the echinacea root in 1 litre of water for 2 minutes. Take 3 cups a day for a period of no more than 1 month. A German study found that women taking equinacy had a recurrence of vaginal infections as low as 10 percent. In the study, this group was compared to women taking only drugs. Almost 60 percent of that group had recurrent vaginal infections. It is important to note that Echinacea can also be used in cases of weakness of the immune system, influenza, skin diseases and chronic fatigue
15: Dilute 2 tablespoons of boric acid into 2 litres of cold water. Perform vaginal lavage with this preparation and then rinse with plenty of water. Perform this remedy for 2 weeks. This remedy is not recommended in the case of pregnant women.
16: Apply, using a cotton ball, a mixture of coconut oil and cinnamon oil, in equal parts, on the affected area 3 times a day. Both oils have antifungal properties, which can help kill fungus especially vaginal.
17: Dip a cotton swab or cotton swab into gentian violet (available from botanical pharmacies or herbalists). Apply to affected areas. Perform this remedy daily until the infection disappears.
18: Pour 7 drops of grapefruit seed extract into 2 cups of water. Mix until the extract is fully diluted. Then use this preparation to wash the vaginal area. You can also soak a cotton ball and apply to the affected area. Do this remedy a maximum of three times a day. This remedy has anti-fungal properties and even combat other pathogens that can cause this type of infection.
19: Wet the affected area with a compress containing a solution of cider vinegar and salt.
20: Crush a piece of galanga root into powder. Store in a glass container with an airtight lid. Mix 1 tablespoon with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt and put in the affected area. Perform this remedy 2 times a day.
21: Apply, on the affected area, by means of a gauze, 20 drops of blood stain or make baths of the seat where the water is poured of 15 to 20 drops.
22: Pour in 2 litres of water 7 drops of bergamot oil and make a sitz bath with this preparation. Stay in it for 10 minutes. Take this remedy daily for 1 week.
23: Boil in one litre of water 30 g of Marcela leaves and carry out small washes of the affected area every day. This remedy helps to combat the intense vulvar itch that is often felt along with vaginal infections.
24: Tea tree oil is a known anti fungus used to balance levels of the fungus Candida albicans in the body
Recommendations for vaginal infections
- To combat vaginal infections, it is necessary to follow the following recommendations
- Use a condom when having intimate relationships and wash hands and genitals before and after intercourse. In the case of suspicion, the man should be examined, since men can carry Candida albicans without showing the symptom.
- Do not apply, in that area, powders containing cornstarch or maize starch, as it is believed to stimulate the development of yeast.
- Avoid the use of jellies, foams and contraceptive sprays among others, since the chemicals that comprise it could aggravate the symptoms. The use of oral contraceptives should also be avoided.
- Allow air circulation using cotton underwear or having a cotton lining at the crotch and avoid wearing tight pants.
- Avoid using tampons and instead prefer sanitary napkins which allow normal secretion of the vagina.
- Boil during the infection the undergarments and soak it in chlorine for 24 hours or to iron the crotch, since the investigators have discovered that Candida survives the normal washing and can return to cause infection again.
- Do not use coloured or perfumed toilet paper instead prefer the odourless white to avoid a possible chemical irritation.
- Cleaning from front to back after a bowel movement in this way prevents intestinal microorganisms from migrating into the vagina.
- Avoid eating foods made with excessive sugar such as cookies, industrial confectionery, etc., so as not to aggravate vaginal infections, as, according to some studies, Candida thrives on sugar.
- Also avoid, by its compounds, the consumption of mature cheeses, beer and wine, cured meats, raw mushrooms and other fermented products or made from yeast flour.
- Consult your doctor if the symptoms (itching and strange odour flow) persist, as it could be another condition such as chlamydia, trichomonas or even diabetes or immune system problems.